[Taxacom] CONN gets on the map!

Capers, Robert robert.capers at uconn.edu
Tue Nov 25 11:07:55 CST 2008

The CONN Herbarium of the University of Connecticut
(http://bgbaseserver.eeb.uconn.edu/index.htm) would like to announce
that it recently has incorporated a mapping function for its specimen
database.  The process uses script developed by Martin Pullen (Royal
Botanic Garden Edinburgh) to run the Berkeley Mapper program (thanks to
John Deck and Richard Moe at UC-Berkeley), which then maps the records
using the Google Maps interface.  Please go to:
http://bgbaseserver.eeb.uconn.edu/Mapper.html for an overview of how to
use the mapper.  We still have a few bugs to work out (and some
georeferences to correct), so please be patient with us.  The function
is available in both the simple and advanced searches, but we are still
working out a few glitches with the advanced search (not recommended at
this time).  Just use the simple search:
http://bgbaseserver.eeb.uconn.edu/databasesimple.html.  Other than those
already mentioned, we'd also like to thank Mike O'Neal (BG-Base) for his
technical support and assistance with the project.  By the way, if you
try to map localities of CT imperiled plants (where we have withheld
georerference data), you will get an error message.  We're pretty
excited about this - please let us know how you like it.

Don Les (Director, CONN Herbarium)

Bob Capers (Collections Manager, CONN Herbarium)

Robert S. Capers, Ph.D.

Plant Collections Manager

University of Connecticut

75 North Eagleville Road, Unit 3043