[Taxacom] Macroslope

Robin Leech releech at telusplanet.net
Sat Sep 27 16:10:50 CDT 2008

Hi Taxacomers,

Anyone out there use the word "macroslope" yet?

I have been reading a manuscript on spiders, and 
this word was used.  I have never seen it used in 
English before, and apparently it is a direct translation 
from the Russian.

For example, we talk about a mountain slope.  But 
when the slope is on a range, e.g., The Rocky Mountain 
Range, then it becomes a macroslope.

Does anyone have a reference or have an existing 
definition for it in English?  Any help much appreciated.

I have asked a geologist and a geographer, but have not 
yet had a reply from either.


More information about the Taxacom mailing list