[Taxacom] Macroslope

Robin Leech releech at telusplanet.net
Sat Sep 27 16:10:50 CDT 2008

Hi Taxacomers,

Anyone out there use the word "macroslope" yet?

I have been reading a manuscript on spiders, and
this word was used.  I have never seen it used in
English before, and apparently it is a direct translation
from the Russian.

For example, we talk about a mountain slope.  But
when the slope is on a range, e.g., The Rocky Mountain
Range, then it becomes a macroslope.

Does anyone have a reference or have an existing
definition for it in English?  Any help much appreciated.

I have asked a geologist and a geographer, but have not
yet had a reply from either.

Robin