[Taxacom] Species Numbers

Arthur Chapman taxacom3 at achapman.org
Wed Sep 17 19:39:00 CDT 2008

Some years ago I published a report on the "Numbers of Living Species in
Australia and the World" for the Australian Government.  The publication
can be found at
http://www.deh.gov.au/biodiversity/abrs/publications/other/species-numbers/index.html.
This document was largely a synthesis of published information, and
information supplied to me by researchers around the world and I thank
all those who supplied me with information at the time.

 The Australian Government now wishes for the document to be updated.

 If anyone has any comments on the document, references to relevant
papers, or any other information, I would be most grateful to receive it.

 I would like to split up some groups more if possible -- for example
the insects to order level if information on the numbers in each order
is available.

 All comments and references will be fully acknowledged.

 Please send any information to species_numbers<<you know what to put
here>>achapman.org

 Arthur D. Chapman
Australian Biodiversity Services
Toowoomba, Australia