[Taxacom] favourite online key?

Julia Sigwart julia.sigwart at ucd.ie
Thu Sep 18 12:13:59 CDT 2008

Dear all

I am looking for suggestions for favourite online or other computer-based identification keys.
This is for a new project with the Royal BC Museum (Canada) to create online keys which are primarily aimed at the general public (or that part of the general public which is interested in species-level identification of their local fauna). The first two projects are grasses and chitons (polyplacophoran molluscs) -- the idea is to use a platform which can accommodate both of these and others in future.
Just to be clear, I am *not* interested in being pointed to software (Lucid, Xper2, etc etc etc) but instead to specific, working and available examples that you have used and would recommend as a model for presentation and interactivity.
If you have used a key -- for any group of fauna or flora -- that you would recommend as a model for this project, can you please let me know?

Thanks to all in advance!

Cheers,

Julia

--