[Taxacom] Access to US Federally funded data?

Una Smith una.smith at att.net
Sun Sep 21 16:32:49 CDT 2008

Schindel, David wrote:
>                                                  Researchers who
>work for government agencies cannot sign away ownership rights to
>publishers when they publish articles written as part of their
>employment.

Having been a government employee, and an employee of a government
contractor, and a non-government co-author on a paper with a
government employee, I feel qualified to say:  the question is far
more complex than it appears.

Here is a FAQ about copyright issues affecting the US Government:
	http://www.cendi.gov/publications/04-8copyright.html

	Una Smith
	New Mexico