[Taxacom] Conifer question

Boggan, John BOGGANJ at si.edu
Wed Sep 24 15:30:35 CDT 2008

Many thanks to all who replied to my query on Taxacom several months ago
about this Silba name.  I have just received an email and letter from
Dr. Silba himself, confirming that this name has not yet been published.

I should also correct my statement that "many Silba names in this
self-published journal are not validly published"; what I meant, and
should have said, is that several of his names are not effectively
published according to IPNI, citing ICBN Art. 30.

John Boggan
Type Register Project
United States National Herbarium
Dept. of Botany, MRC 166