[Taxacom] Cadetia kutubu

Mario Blanco mblanco at flmnh.ufl.edu
Fri Sep 26 01:54:58 CDT 2008

This species might been published already, even if IPNI or TROPICOS  do
not cite it.  Neither IPNI nor TROPICOS incorporate validly published
names immediately; it takes them a while (up to a few months in some
cases) to pick up names in the literature.

To name it as something else and make the name Cadetia kutubu
illegitimate (which, by the way, its is not the same as invalid,
according to the ICBN, although both are illegal names from a strictly
nomenclatural viewpoint), you would need to publish a different name
designating the same specimen as the type before C. kutubu is
effectively published in print.

But, do you really want to do this just because you can? (assuming it
has not been published already). What's the point? Rushing to kill the
name seems a little bit ill -intentioned to me.

M.