[Taxacom] Cadetia kutubu

Karl Magnacca kmagnacca at wesleyan.edu
Fri Sep 26 03:43:22 CDT 2008

On Fri, September 26, 2008 9:33 am, Paul Kirk wrote:
> In the real world it has a name ... and taxonomists are the worst
> offenders when it comes to publishing "a species name that may or may
> not ever be published" - the literature is littered with them ...

That's certainly true, but I also agree with Geoff that I'd be a bit
irked if I were the botanist and it was the WWF that took the tentative
name Cadetia "Kutubu" and printed it as if it was the real scientific
name (as the capitalization suggests).  Then when it comes to describing
it you have to decide between using the "real world name" or one you
think is more appropriate.

Karl
Karl Magnacca
Postdoctoral Researcher