[Taxacom] Taxacom Digest, Vol 30, Issue 24

Michael Denslow mwdenslow at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 29 08:54:09 CDT 2008

Hi Robin,

>From my point of view this is not a commonly use term and would need to be defined within the paper.

I am relatively familiar with the literature on elevation gradients in diversity, which are some times sampled along entire mountain ranges, and I have not come across this term. In fact if you search web of science you will only get 10 results for 'macroslope'.

HTH,
Michael

Michael Denslow

I.W. Carpenter Jr. Herbarium [BOON]
Appalachian State University
Boone, North Carolina, USA

-AND-

Communications Manager
SERNEC, Southeastern Regional Network of Expertise and Collections
http://www.sernec.org/