[Taxacom] Macroslope

Karl Magnacca kmagnacca at wesleyan.edu
Mon Sep 29 09:24:07 CDT 2008

On Mon, September 29, 2008 2:54 pm, Michael Denslow wrote:
> I am relatively familiar with the literature on elevation gradients in
> diversity, which are some times sampled along entire mountain ranges,
> and I have not come across this term. In fact if you search web of
> science you will only get 10 results for 'macroslope'.

Google Scholar turns up 171, though still almost all Russian (in
skimming through some the only exception was some Spanish authors who
used it in a totally different definition).  I'm not familiar with this
kind of literature, but from the context it seems to me that in English
one would simply say "slope" or "face", and mention of the range is
enough to distinguish it from referring to a single mountain.

Karl
Karl Magnacca
Postdoctoral Researcher
Department of Zoology