[Taxacom] Fwd: Re: Macroslope

Richard Petit r.e.petit at worldnet.att.net
Mon Sep 29 10:27:49 CDT 2008

I have been following this thread and could not help but think of Lewis Carrol and his words on the meaning of words.  Is it possible that the word in question here is a misspelling of Megaloscope, a  device invented by Carroll in his lesser-known story Sylvie and Bruno?

"You know you can't see a Flea, properly, without a magnifying-glass - what we call a Microscope. Well, just in the same way you can't see an Elephant, properly, without a minimifying-glass. There's one in each of these tubes and this is a Megaloscope!

dick p.