[Taxacom] Survey about uses and needs of IT for biodiversity

Gail Kampmeier gkamp at illinois.edu
Fri Dec 4 10:03:01 CST 2009

Hi David,

I would think that the answers to these questions would be of great
interest to those outside of the E-U as well.  Will they be shared
and broader collaborations encouraged?  It just occurred to me that I
should have added this as a priority when asked.  There are far too
many parallel efforts that go undetected when earlier collaborations
could have been more synergistic.

Cheers!
Gail

On Dec 4, 2009, at 8:58 AM, David Patterson wrote:

> The ICT ENSURE team in Austria have released a survey to assess the
> level of use and limitations of IT tools.  Participation in this
> survey will help set the agenda for development of new tools.
>
> It is accessible via
>
> http://ict-ensure.limequery.net/index.php?sid=28644&lang=en
>
> David Patterson

> of these methods:
>
> (1) http://taxacom.markmail.org
>
> Or (2) a Google search specified as:  site:mailman.nhm.ku.edu/
> pipermail/taxacom  your search terms here

+++++++
The most erroneous stories are those we think we know best -
and therefore never scrutinize or question.  Stephen Jay Gould

Gail E. Kampmeier
Sr. Research Entomologist
Illinois Natural History Survey
Institute of Natural Resource Sustainability