[Taxacom] Does anybody know this fungus?

Andreas Gminder andreas at mollisia.de
Wed Dec 9 14:46:24 CST 2009

Hello,

I think Laetiporus is a good genus for this fungus, but don't think it is L.
suplhureus. It looks very much like Laetiporus cincinnatus, a recently
described species with salmon colours and growth from the main roots of
trees (not from stem or bark). But it has been found up to now only in the
USA and only on hardwood.

best regards,
Andreas

Andreas Gminder