[Taxacom] snakes, lizards, a tree frog and a gecko: ID needed

Michael Denslow michael.denslow at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 12:08:59 CST 2009

Hi Thomas,

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 9:55 AM, Couvreur, Thomas <tcouvreur at nybg.org> wrote:
> Dear Taxacom members,
>
> During a recent field trip to the Bolivian Amazon (Madidi River) I took
> several photos of snakes and lizards and a tree frog. I am a botanist,
> but I am just curious about the species of reptiles I saw (no
> collections made).
>
> I also have a weird gecko from Ecuador...
>
> If any of you are interested in seeing these photos they are available
> here http://picasaweb.google.com/tlpcouvreur/ReptilesFrogsGeckos#
> <http://picasaweb.google.com/tlpcouvreur/ReptilesFrogsGeckos>
>
> If the link doesn't work, please contact me.

My local herpetologist, Wayne Van Devender happened to walked into my
office just when I opened your e-mail. Here is what he had to say.
Sorry if I mess up some of the spelling I am also a botanist.

Leptophis sp.
Stenocercus sp.
Frog
Drymobius margaritiferus
Baby Drymobius rhombifera
Boa constrictor
Chironius sp.
Polycrus sp.
Thecadactylus rapicaudus (feet not poisonous)

Hope this helps,

Michael

--
Michael Denslow

Graduate Student & Adjunct Instructor
I.W. Carpenter Jr. Herbarium [BOON]
Department of Biology
Appalachian State University
Boone, North Carolina U.S.A.
-- AND --
Communications Manager
Southeast Regional Network of Expertise and Collections
sernec.org

36.214177, -81.681480 +/- 3103 meters