[Taxacom] (paleo)tropical plant systematics short courses?

Andrea Weeks aweeks3 at gmu.edu
Thu Dec 10 12:54:33 CST 2009

HI there,

Can anyone recommend a tropical plant systematics short course (2-8
wks) that is located in the paleotropics, preferably Africa?  A
graduate student in my department has an expressed an interest in
taking one in 2010, and I'd like to be able to help him find one.  I
am unaware of any database or compendium of such courses.

Many thanks,

Andrea Weeks

Assistant Professor, Plant Systematics
Director, Ted R. Bradley Herbarium
George Mason University
Department of Environmental Science and Policy, MSN 5F2
4400 University Drive
Fairfax, Virginia 22030 USA
phone: (703) 993-3488 fax: (703) 993-1066
lab web: http://mason.gmu.edu/~aweeks3/
herbarium:  http://www.gmu.edu/departments/espp/research/facilities/
herbarium.html