[Taxacom] Proposed Amendment to the Code

Frank.Krell at dmns.org Frank.Krell at dmns.org
Wed Dec 23 13:29:50 CST 2009

don't know why the last message was sent prematurely - sorry
here comes the second part:

So for a paper of 10 printed pages, or in case of Nature much less, an amount of $5000 seems to be overly generous. The difference between our museum journal and journals of professional publishers is twofold. First, we are a small operation, involving a subject editor, an editor-in-chief, and a three person production team. Second, we don't make profit. Many learned societies rely on making profit with their journals, and professional publishers, or course, don't want to break even - they want to make profit to survive.

Still, $5000 seems to be quite generous, and I would never be able and never be willing to pay such an amount for one little paper.

Frank

Dr Frank T. Krell
Curator of Entomology
Chair, ICZN ZooBank Committee