[Taxacom] Proposed Amendment to the Code

dipteryx at freeler.nl dipteryx at freeler.nl
Thu Dec 24 03:25:06 CST 2009

Van: taxacom-bounces at mailman.nhm.ku.edu namens Laurent Raty
Verzonden: do 24-12-2009 9:50

> Frank,

>> "Split the taxonomic descriptions and actions from the paper and
>> archive them separately in a freely accessible place."

> But how do you achieve this under the present Code? Some
> nomenclaturally relevant questions just cannot be answered
> without seeing an entire work.

***
I think I pointed this out before, but it could be done by introducing
a new concept 'nomenclaturally-relevant-part-of the publication'
(the botanical Code calls this the protologue of the name).
It would be handy if it were to become a requirement that publications
(at least electronic publications) were to be organized so as to set
this nomenclatural part really apart from the rest of the publication.
It could be done, but it would indeed be a break with the present Code.

Paul