[Taxacom] ICZN Opinions online

Roderic Page r.page at bio.gla.ac.uk
Thu Dec 24 04:30:55 CST 2009

As part of my efforts to find articles in the Biodiversity Heritage
Library I've located some 1600 articles in the Bulletin of Zoological
Nomenclature http://biostor.org/issn/0007-5167

This is still rather incomplete, and the search interface to BioStor
is pretty rubbish. However, you can browse Opinion by viewing the
publications of two rather prolific authors:

Opinion http://biostor.org/author/1085
R V Melville http://biostor.org/author/505

Bibliographic details in BioStor can be edited, so feel free to make
corrections (you'll need to solve a CAPTCHA before your edits are
saved). As time permits I'm added "Opinion nnn." to the start of the
title of opinions, with a view to making them easier to find.
Unfortunately the local copy of BHL metadata that I'm using doesn't
have a taxonomic index for Bulletin of Zoological Nomenclature
publications, so Opinions can't be found by searching for names.

At some point it would be fun to link Opinions to the original
Proposals, e.g. http://biostor.org/reference/2226  to http://biostor.org/reference/2242

Regards

Rod

Roderic Page