[Taxacom] ICZN Opinions online

Geoff Read gread at actrix.gen.nz
Tue Dec 29 17:41:06 CST 2009

Very nice Rod. I have a caveat though, and it is that Opinions were once
published in a separate serial, and not under The Bulletin, thus there may
be a blank in your collection for part of the date range. This journal was
called "Opinions and Declarations Rendered by the International Commission
on Zoological Nomenclature" (or just "Opinions Rendered ..." or
"International Commission of Zoological Nomenclature, Opinions and
Declarations"). I don't have access at the moment to my normal resources
to give the date range but it would have been published during the 1940s
and 1950s. Others will know a lot more about how it fitted into the ICZN
output I expect, and when there was overlap if any with the Bulletin.  It
doesn't seem to have been digitised, but I  haven't searched hard. The
earliest issues republished earlier Opinions. Details may be in the book
on ICZN by Melville.

minimal entry at: http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/5900905

Geoff

>>> Roderic Page <r.page at bio.gla.ac.uk> 12/24/09 11:32 PM >>>
As part of my efforts to find articles in the Biodiversity Heritage
Library I've located some 1600 articles in the Bulletin of Zoological
Nomenclature http://biostor.org/issn/0007-5167

This is still rather incomplete, and the search interface to BioStor
is pretty rubbish. However, you can browse Opinion by viewing the
publications of two rather prolific authors:

Opinion http://biostor.org/author/1085
R V Melville http://biostor.org/author/505