[Taxacom] etzdam wood?

Arthur Tucker atucker at desu.edu
Sun Jan 4 14:25:11 CST 2009

Winterthur Museum (WDw) recently transferred the ca. 9000 piece Harrar wood collection to DOV, and I have begun curating the collection and seeking recognition as DOVw.

What is the botanical identity of etzdam wood?  I thought our DOV library had a rather complete library on wood, but I cannot find this, and the www is of no use.  I've also searched polyglottic dictionaries, our collection of African dialect dictionaries, etc.  Neither can I cannot find the geographical source of etzdam, which might offer a clue.

Art

"A few months in the laboratory can save a few hours in the library."  Westheimer's Law
Dr. Arthur O. Tucker
Dept. of Agriculture & Natural Resources
1200 N. Dupont Highway
Delaware State University
Dover, DE 19901-2277
FAX=302-857-6455