[Taxacom] Total number of name-bearing types

Kenneth Kinman kennethkinman at webtv.net
Wed Jan 14 20:40:17 CST 2009

Dear All,
       I just realized I made a mathematical error in my last post.  At
1,700,00 accepted species times an estimated overall minimum ratio of
1.5, the minimum number of type specimens would actually be 2,550,000.
       In any case, I still suspect the number actually exceeds three
million.  But as I said, the most critical information is probably an
estimated ratio for angiosperms, because of the large number of species
(although an estimate for molluscs would also add to the precision any
estimate).