[Taxacom] Semantic Web: What is a species?

Richard Zander Richard.Zander at mobot.org
Fri Jan 30 14:28:02 CST 2009

My point is that a datum, though a fact, becomes something different in
the context of a data set. The set assumes the fact is part of the set,
yet the original rejection of a particular datum as not taxonomically
relevant (at higher taxonomic levels) by an alpha taxonomist is ignored
by assuming the datum is unlinked.

Richard H. Zander
Voice: 314-577-0276
Missouri Botanical Garden