[Taxacom] Fading role of traditional taxonomists

Jason Mate jfmate at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 2 15:30:56 CDT 2009

Nice article. I can say that Anthony (Cognato) is what most taxonomists would have hoped taxonomy to be now instead of what it is. If I had to pin the blame on any single thing I would say that the increasing lack of contact with the natural world would be it. You can´t be curious about organisms if you don´t experience them and I am afraid that with our increasing bubble-culture it will only get worse.

Best

Jason