[Taxacom] Melilotus albus and officinalis

Adolf & Oluna Ceska aceska at telus.net
Tue Jun 16 05:24:30 CDT 2009

Edward G. Voss in his Michigan Flora, Vol. II, p. 450 gives quite a few
characters on how to distinguish Melilotus officinalis (L.) Lam. from M.
albus Medik. None of those characters is very reliable, but if taken
together they suggest that it is not only the flower colour that would
distinguish those two species.

Adolf Ceska, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada