[Taxacom] decline and fall of taxonomy

Peter DeVries pete.devries at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 11:47:25 CDT 2009

The zero sum mentality is not helpful. Taxonomy needs to fix itself, not
point fingers.
Discoveries in Astronomy have helped answer basic questions in physics,
including those of Einstein.

We are also under constant threat of an asteroid or deep space gamma ray
burst that would devastate all life on Earth.

I think that taxonomy will get increased funding when it starts operating
more like the other biological sciences.

Respectfully,

- Pete

Pete DeVries
Department of Entomology