[Taxacom] Non-career taxonomists and Career taxonomists Was:Sub-professionals

Geoff Read gread at actrix.gen.nz
Wed Jun 24 15:34:36 CDT 2009

I've been waiting for parataxonomist to be mentioned. Perhaps I missed it.
In the honorable line of paralegal, paramedic, (and, umm, parapyschologist
- perhaps not).

We use parataxonomist in our institute when the person is paid, and keen
on a taxon, and doing a percentage of taxonomy, mainly ids, in the daily
job, though also a scientist or technician with another specialty. But
fairly informally - we don't worry too much about such designations.

Geoff