[Taxacom] Why I do this, and Why you should too -- The End

John Grehan jgrehan at sciencebuff.org
Mon Jun 29 14:18:01 CDT 2009

My sympathies to Michael Ivie. I did not know that this was such a
strain for him. I am naturally disappointed that we could not discuss
novel geological predictions made by non-panbiogeographic methods.

I did try to address points raised by Ivie and I am naturally
disappointed that my efforts have been dismissed as "rather helpless
whimpering of quoting incoherent paragraphs of holy texts"

It's been a long time since I read Cracraft's critique, but Ivie has
stimulated my curiosity and I will take another look.

The bottom line - beyond any argument about texts and reading is that
Croizat got it right about tectonics. I keep harping on about that, but
that's the empirical reality. That is what Ivie seems to be avoiding in
his responses.

Never the end, always a beginning.

John Grehan