[Taxacom] panbiogeography critique

Michael Heads michael.heads at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 30 00:00:50 CDT 2009

Dear Peter,

It was interesting to hear Miss Perry's version of the story. Here's another anecdote. As some of you may know, Croizat was the botanist on the first expedition to the head of the Orinoco. He was busy learning the Indians' language and discovered that their word for 'white man' was 'he who sh*ts on the track'. Keen young field workers take note! Just when you think you've got miles away into the deepest forest, you're actually on a main road...

Michael Heads

Wellington, New Zealand.

My papers on biogeography are at: http://tiny.cc/RiUE0