[Taxacom] Internet resources in Taxonomy page - new version under construction

Tony.Rees at csiro.au Tony.Rees at csiro.au
Tue Jun 30 02:25:30 CDT 2009

Dear Taxacomers,

This is to advise that after a layoff of around 8+ years, I have decided to revamp my "Internet Resources in Taxonomy" page - with the word "Biodiversity" substituted for "Taxonomy" as a tribute to the times - that I first posted in 1998 (although have not promoted for a while!), since numerous new resources have come online since that time plus most of the old ones have suffered "link rot". You can view the in-progress new, improved version at http://www.cmar.csiro.au/datacentre/taxonomy/mainlist.htm (the old URL http://www.marine.csiro.au/datacentre/taxonomy/mainlist.htm still works too, but may be deprecated at some future point). I would be very happy to take suggestions either on- or off-list as to useful sites that should be included (you will see where I have got to) and/or any other general comments.

Please note, the references to IRMNG will get you to my current genus lists and I know the higher taxonomy is "wobbly" for many of these, for which I apologise in advance to the usual suspects (you know who you are!). I intend to improve the fungal section (at least) to be aligned with most recent sources at some point in the near future.

Regards to all,

Tony

Tony Rees
Manager, Divisional Data Centre,