[Taxacom] hominid evidence

Frederick W. Schueler bckcdb at istar.ca
Tue Jun 30 11:01:37 CDT 2009

John Grehan wrote:
> Fred is right in anticipating other misfits. They often get downplayed
> because other parts fit and that is enough. I've sometimes thought about
> compiling examples, but never have the time. In hominid origins there
> have been some molecular trees supporting humans and chimpanzees, but
> then have incongruous results for other primate taxa, and some that are
> congruent for primate taxa, but incongruent for other mammals.

* and I'm talking about situations where those familiar with the taxa
are sincerely puzzled, not just one short DNA sequence that shows that
Rabbits are the sister group of Turtles.

fred.

            Bishops Mills Natural History Centre
          Frederick W. Schueler & Aleta Karstad
      (613)258-3107 <bckcdb at istar.ca> http://pinicola.ca