[Taxacom] Reptilia (and Hominidae)

John Grehan jgrehan at sciencebuff.org
Mon Mar 16 11:41:00 CDT 2009

Thomas is right - paraphyletic groups are not "meaningless". But I never
thought that was the argument. Rather they are not a natural
phylogenetic group in the sense of representing all descendants of a
unique common ancestor. I guess on might retain them as a descriptor of
some assemblage of primitive retentions.

John Grehan