[Taxacom] More precise sound bite

Dick Jensen rjensen at saintmarys.edu
Sun Mar 29 09:54:48 CDT 2009

Curtis,

I never wrote that, to paraphrase your words, "all cladists are proponents of Phylocode."  All that I wrote was that there is a link (a rather obvious one at that) connecting cladistics and Phylocode.

Besides, I doubt that ALL who took part in the Inquisition were either Christian or Catholic and, as you note, it is illogical to suggest that all Christians and Catholics supported the Inquisition (just as it is illogical to suggest that all self-professed (or even closet) cladists support Phylocode.  But, there is clearly a link connecting the Inquisition to both Christianity and Catholicism.

Dick J

Richard Jensen, Professor
Department of Biology
Saint Mary's College