[Taxacom] Family Epacridaceae (and Order Ericales)

Jim Croft jim.croft at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 20:01:28 CDT 2009

Ah, euphony...  where is a Rafinesque when you need one?

"Whatever else one may say regarding Rafinesque, one must admit that
he was very adept in selecting short euphonious generic names for the
new entities that he proposed..."  - Elmer D. Merrill

I guess he can be forgiven for proposing c. 2,700 new generic names to
achieve an acceptance rate of c. 30...  He would never come up with a
Leptecophylla or a Racosperma...  :)

jim