[Taxacom] African Plant Database update: Madagascar data

Laurent.Gautier at ville-ge.ch Laurent.Gautier at ville-ge.ch
Thu Apr 1 10:29:22 CDT 2010

The African Plant Database presents information on taxonomy, nomenclature,
distribution and ecology of flowering plants. It originated from a
collaboration between Conservatoire et Jardin botaniques de la Ville de
Genève and South African Botanical Institute and was limited to Tropical
and Southern Africa. Through a collaboration with Alain Dobignard and Tela
Botanica, a second release has integrated species from North Africa.

We have just released a new version which includes the result of a
collaboration with Missouri Botanical Garden to incorporate Madagascar
species.

http://www.ville-ge.ch/musinfo/bd/cjb/africa/

The scientific staff involved in this process includes mainly Pete
Phillipson, Martin Callmander and Cyrille Chatelain, but we would also like
to thank all the staff involved in MO and G that have made this possible,
and acknowledge the financial support of the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.

Despite our efforts, we are aware that omissions or errors may subsist and
we thank you in advance for sending feedback at the adress mentionned at
the bottom of each species page.

Laurent Gautier
Conservatoire et Jardin botaniques de la Ville de Genève
Switzerland