Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Thu Apr 8 16:34:18 CDT 2010

possibly, but my main point was that it is ridiculous to apply to the ICZN (or anybody else for that matter) for conservation of a combination! Combination is a taxonomic/scientific matter, and not a nomenclatural one in the sense that the ICZN has any mandate over it. It would have set a very bad precedent indeed ...