Paul Kirk p.kirk at cabi.org
Fri Apr 9 03:21:20 CDT 2010

as this organism is a fungus it's nomenclature is governed by the ICBN
where, in the preamble, is stated ... 'This Code aims at the provision
of a stable method of naming taxonomic groups, avoiding and rejecting
the use of names which may cause error or ambiguity or throw science
into confusion'. Conservation and Rejection are the ultimate mechanisms
in the Code which permit this aim to work in the real world - in the
Pneumocystis case these mechanisms were not explored and were not used,
so the customers of taxonomy [NOT other taxonomists] are just going to
have to change the name, right?

Paul