Kim van der Linde kim at kimvdlinde.com
Fri Apr 9 06:41:41 CDT 2010

Francisco

I disagree. I think we should refrain from making decisions based on the
personal preferences of people just to avoid having to make substantial
decisions. If we do that, taxonomy becomes more and more imprecise, in
order to facilitate the avoidance of difficult decisions. Taxonomically,
this revision is very straightforward and if Drosophila melanogaster
hadn't been in the way, the genus would have been split 10-15 years ago.

Kim

http://www.kimvdlinde.com