[Taxacom] mystery ladybug: "Menoscelis panamensis El-Ali"

Doug Yanega dyanega at ucr.edu
Fri Apr 9 12:41:28 CDT 2010

Hi, folks. Can anyone out there confirm or refute that this ladybug
was ever actually described? There is a holotype (presently at the
CAS), but I cannot locate a corresponding publication.

I'm guessing this was a MS name that somehow got catalogued as if it
were valid.

Thanks in advance for any definitive replies.