Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Wed Apr 14 17:12:21 CDT 2010

if the problem is that much of the literature uses the generic term Drosophila as a substitute for D. melanogaster, then that is a lesson to be learned by the non-taxonomists who publish genetics, etc. Other than that, I still don't see a problem with a name change that anybody can easily find out about from readily available internet resources like Wikispecies ...

Stephen