Jim Croft jim.croft at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 16:05:00 CDT 2010

this name change is going to be the best thing that has happened to
taxonomy since Linnaeus.

from now on, every school text book that mentions the most highly
studied organism in the planet will have to include an explanation on
scientific names an why they sometimes need to change.

bring it on!

jim

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 12:15 AM, David Remsen (GBIF) <dremsen at gbif.org> wrote:
> Some of my concerns regarding the ease of addressing this are:
>
> 1. Most people who reference scientific names are not familiar with
> the reality or the reasoning of name changes so wouldn't think of
> looking up a name change

[... yada yada yada yada deleted :) ]

jim

--