Kim van der Linde kim at kimvdlinde.com
Fri Apr 16 07:43:15 CDT 2010

Well, is any of these species in risk of being merged with an older
genus, based on the phylogenetic hypothesis du jour? Let me know,
because the fear mongering that allowing Drosophila melanogaster to
retain its name would open the floodgates to the commission with other
requests has not been substantiated with so much of a single example.

The split of Drosophila is not based on the flavor of the day, but
consistent with lots of research done over the past decades.

Cheers,
Kim

--
http://www.kimvdlinde.com