Francisco Welter-Schultes fwelter at gwdg.de
Fri Apr 16 17:31:13 CDT 2010

>> Page priority: not so much an urban legend, I think, as a relict from
>> an earlier edition of the Code.
>
> Wasn't it a recommendation even then?  I thought page priority fell
> under the "if there is no better reason to choose between the names,
> here's a way to save flipping a coin" level of importance.

Not for First Revisers choosing between names, but for species in a list
contained in a new genus, for being eligible as type species (ICZN Code
4th edition Recommendations 69A8, 69A9, 69A10).

But all this should have no influence here, since prokaryotes are not
animals and do not follow the zoological Code.

Francisco

University of Goettingen, Germany
www.animalbase.org