[Taxacom] Was page priority ever a Rule of the ICZN?

Barry Roth barry_roth at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 16 19:00:35 CDT 2010

TAXACOM member Richard E. Petit e-mailed me the following, shedding light on the history of page priority in the zoological code.  Thanks, Dick!

"A year or so ago I searched the old Codes and found no trace of a "page priority" rule except for its very limited application as a Recommendation (not a Rule) in 69A.10 which, as the 10th in a succession of preferances would probably never apply.  I am rather sure I checked all issues of the Code as well as the Strickland Code and the Bradley Drafts.  I may have missed a version of the Règles"

Barry Roth