[Taxacom] Branchiobdellida (leeches?, oligochaetes?, or stem annelids?)

Geoff Read g.read at niwa.co.nz
Sun Apr 18 22:41:14 CDT 2010

Here's another one with a similar placement.

Marotta, R.; Ferraguti, M.; Erseus, C.; Gustavsson, L.M. (2008). Combined-data phylogenetics and character evolution of Clitellata (Annelida) using 18S rDNA and morphology. Zoological Journal of the Linnean Society 154(1): 1-26.

"Morphological characters in combination with 18S rDNA suggest the following sister-group relationships: (1) between Acanthobdella and Hirudinida, with Branchiobdellida as their plesiomorphic sister group, and (2) between enchytraeids and Propappus, with both taxa grouping at the base of a large assemblage containing Lumbricidae, Lumbriculidae, Branchiobdellida, Acanthobdella, and Hirudinida."

Geoff