[Taxacom] my bhl

Donat Agosti agosti at amnh.org
Tue Apr 20 02:53:46 CDT 2010

Here is, how my dream BHL would look like: "the people's camera" on board of
a NASA spacecraft orbiting Mars.

""To allow the public to aim a camera at a specific site on a distant world
is an invaluable teaching tool that can help educate and inspire our youth
to pursue careers in science, technology, engineering and math.""

http://solarsystem.nasa.gov/news/display.cfm?News_ID=33716

and here some of the results people have suggested.

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2010/04/05/science/040110_mro_index.html?re
f=science

It understand that BHL is moving towards a project / topic driven selection
of the volumes they select for their scanning, although not in such a very
obvious way as NASA choose to do.

Donat

Dr. Donat Agosti

President

Plazi

Research Associate, American Museum of Natural History and Naturmuseum der
Burgergemeinde Bern

Email: agosti at amnh.org

Web:  <http://antbase.org/> http://antbase.org / http://plazi.org

Blog:  <http://biodivcontext.blogspot.com/>