Don.Colless at csiro.au Don.Colless at csiro.au
Fri Apr 23 01:59:43 CDT 2010

I simply reject the utility of a genus name which cannot be used when identifying females, even if here are hundreds of species. There need be no systematic problems; the very interesting taxa based on male terminalia can be placed as subgenera, which is what they are for. This leaves the science intact and no problems when making important identifications, which, let us remember, require a binomial.

Donald H. Colless
CSIRO Div of Entomology
GPO Box 1700
Canberra 2601