[Taxacom] first circular fall meeting biodiversity&evolution German Botanical Society

Dirk Albach albach at gmx.net
Fri Apr 30 02:03:53 CDT 2010

Dear taxacomers,

sorry for my earlier email without attachment. I forgot that taxacom does not allow attachments. The first circular of the fall meeting of the section Biodiversity & Evolution of the German Botanical Society, from September 16th-19th in Vienna is pasted below or you can access information
at http://biodiversitaet.univie.ac.at/

Best regards,

Dirk Albach

The Faculty Centre of Biodiversity, University of Vienna
and
the section Biodiversity and Evolution of the German Botanical Society

invite you to participate in the

19th International Symposium
“Biodiversity and Evolutionary Biology”
of the German Botanical Society (DBG).

September 16th – 19th 2010
in
Vienna (Austria)

This symposium is intended to provide a stimulating exchange of botanists interested in the diverse aspects of plant evolution from algae and bryophyte to angiosperms, with morphological, karyological, phytochemical or molecular aspects.

We are looking forward to interesting talks and posters and to lively discussions. Since the following year awaits us with at least three large conferences (Biosystematics Berlin, Int. Bot. Congress Melbourne, DBG Botanist meeting Berlin), this meeting will allow us a more quiet exchange of ideas and discussions on the future of evolutionary and systematic botany.

We hope to attract researchers from all German-speaking institutions in the field and many of our friends from other countries. We look forward to welcoming you in Vienna in September 2010.

Venue
The symposium will be held at the Faculty Centre for Biodiversity, University of Vienna, Rennweg 14, in the heart of Vienna. The locality allows easy access to the Botanical Garden, the library and the herbarium of the University of Vienna. For detailed information please check the website http://biodiversitaet.univie.ac.at/

Call for Symposia
Proposals for symposia are currently being invited. For submitting a proposal, please contact Prof. Dirk Albach (dirk.albach at uni-oldenburg.de). All topics related to the field are encouraged. Symposia proposed so far include
•	New concepts in morphology
•	Bryophyte systematics and evolution
•	Hybridization – novel methods and approaches

Call for Abstracts
The contribution of oral or poster presentations is encouraged. All participants interested in presenting a scientific contribution are kindly requested to submit an abstract in English to the address that will be active 1 June 2010.
Formatting specifications will be soon available on the website http://biodiversitaet.univie.ac.at/
Abstract submission will open 1 June 2010.

Registration online
Online registration will open 1 June 2010.

Workshops and Excursions
Prof. Michael Hesse and Dr. Ralf Buchner (University of Vienna) will offer a workshop on palynology and their pollen data base (http://www.botanik.univie.ac.at/em/)

Guided tours in the Botanical Garden of the University (http://www.botanik.univie.ac.at/hbv/)
and the Natural history museum Vienna (http://www.nhm-wien.ac.at/) will be offered for the participants.

Organizers of additional workshops and satellite meetings are welcome. Please contact Prof. Dirk Albach at dirk.albach at uni-oldenburg.de.

An excursion on Sunday, 19th September is planned.

Time Schedule and Deadlines
25 May 2010 Call for workshops & symposia closes
1 June 2010 Abstract submission and online registration opens
31 July 2010 Deadline for submission of abstracts and online registration
16 – 19 September 2010 Congress
For individual pre-registration please contact the congress office. Your coordinates will be added to our mailing-list.

Organizing Committee
Prof. Dr. Dirk Albach (Section ‘Biodiversity and Evolutionary Biology’ of DBG, Speaker)
Dr. Josef Greimler (Faculty Centre of Biodiversity, University of Vienna)

Congress Office and Contact
Program		dirk.albach at uni-oldenburg.de
Registration		gerry.schneider at univie.ac.at
Excursion, General	josef.greimler at univie.ac.at