[Taxacom] Words

Kenneth Kinman kennethkinman at webtv.net
Tue Dec 21 17:14:30 CST 2010

Hi John,
       The best I could think of was "bud burst" (I think grape growers
use that term).  If it has to be a single word, they could hyphenate it
as "bud-burst".   Even if there is a more technical term for it, it
probably wouldn't evoke the sense of expectation or potential as would
something simple like bud-burst.    
       -----My two cents worth,

John Steel wrote:
Maybe someone can come up with an answer to this enquirer's question.
The best I could do was anthesis, but it doesn't really fit the bill:
maybe there's a suitable term in a language other than English? 
"What is the term that describes the action or process of a bud becoming
a blossom in a flower, any flower. I want to know what the term is that
describes the moment a bud transforms/opens into a flower.  Was trying
to come up with the botanical word that evokes the
potency/expectation/potential/showiness of that moment when the
transition happens." 

More information about the Taxacom mailing list