[Taxacom] Pharmitas Grass

Mary Barkworth Mary.Barkworth at usu.edu
Thu Jan 7 13:29:51 CST 2010

Did you also read about Phar lap, the racehorse poisoned by weed killer?  I agree, a misspelling of Phragmites is possible - but one does not usually say Phragmites grass, and there are non-grasses that are called something or other grass, so I figured I would ask everyone. I could not see anything to identify it by on the newspaper. The next step will be to contact the writer of the news item.

Mary