[Taxacom] Request for journal-specific bibliographies

Roderic Page r.page at bio.gla.ac.uk
Fri Jan 8 16:39:06 CST 2010

As part of my efforts to track down articles in the Biodiversity
Heritage Library (BHL) I am searching for lists of articles and
bibliographies. The idea is to take information from these, such as
article title, volume number, and pagination, and look these up in
BHL. The results are available at http://biostor.org/ , which can be
accessed with a web browser, or using standard bibliographic tools
(such as EndNote http://biostor.org/endnote.php, Zotero http://biostor.org/zotero.php
, and Mendeley http://biostor.org/mendeley.php ).

Sometimes journals themselves publish lists of articles published
(e.g., http://biostor.org/reference/12611 ), and in other cases I've
found EndNote files on the web (typically for specific taxa). But
there are some huge holes in BioStor, which I'm seeking to fill.

I'm particularly interested in lists of articles from the Annals and
Magazine of Natural History, and the Proceedings of the U S National
Museum. Lists of articles for the Bulletins of the British Museum
would also be useful. You can gauge progress so far by viewing the
list of journals so far at http://biostor.org/journals.php

Regards

Rod

Roderic Page